Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our 3rd Anniversary

I love my husband so much. The more time that goes on I realise just how special he is. In this world of lost babies there seems to be a lot of men who just shut down and refuse to acknowledge or talk about their baby. Adrian has never been like that. I can't imagine being in a relationship with a partner who never spoke of their child, never remembered what joy they brought and never grieved openly about their loss.

Adrian, my rock, has faced losing Sophie in a very similar way to me which is a blessing. We openly talk about her, smile and cry at all we had and lost. When asked about children he is happy to tell the world we have a beautiful girl.. but she's in heaven. So many husbands don’t do this and I have met many couples in lost baby land who are struggling because of this inability to acknowledge.

I am again grateful.

Today is our 3rd Wedding anniversary. We are stronger though all we have experienced and today I wish I could marry him all over again. He brings out the best in me and understands when I cannot get to my best. Not once have I regretted being by his side, not once has he given me any reason to not want to be there. He IS amazing.

I love you with all my heart honey. Thank you for 3 wonderful years. Thank you for being open and honest and for riding this wave with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones