Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A promise kept

After Sophie was born we got to spend as much time with her as we wanted. Of course it was not enough and I wish we had been able to keep her beside us the whole time. You just never know what is right or wrong and hindsight is a bastard with loss like this. We loved holding her, touching her beautiful face and giving her nosies. We were so in love with this gorgeous creation of ours.

One time in particular we had her in the middle of the both of us, we were talking to her and singing silly songs, just as we would have had she been ‘with us’. Adrian kissed her nose and said to her “I am going to make a difference Sophie Bear… I don’t know how or when yet but I will make a difference, I promise you”.

Adrian is a doer. There is never an excuse, he delivers. In all the time I have known him if he says he will do something he will. His mates have always said this about him and it’s a wonderful attribute. So Adrian is doing as he promised Sophie.
Meet Larry the Leprechaun!

The local paper the Parramatta Advertiser has done a great video for his fund raising efforts.
http://www.gofundraise.com.au/leprechaun

Larry is running the Sydney marathon for Bears of Hope who have supported us more than words could ever say in the last 7 months. They provided us with a bear we named Bluey in hospital who we have started a blog with Bluey’s Adventures. It’s been good for our healing to have Bluey and his adventures. Adrian (I mean Larry) has been doing some trial ½ marathon runs in the suit to see if it needed any modifications for the 42.5km run, but so far so good. Larry is aiming for $15,000 and to date has raised $10,332. I am so proud I could burst.
Here we are with Bluey after the race.
Sophie, Daddy is making a difference for other families in the future who lose a bubba. I know you are just as proud as mummy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, a marathon! What a wonderful thing to do. Cutest leprechaun I've ever seen. And I bet Sophie is grinning with pride. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got yourself a fine man there.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a wonderful and beautiful thing to do, it brought tears to my eyes. You have a great husband and Sophie has a wonderful daddy, she must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones